ANNUAL COMEDY FUNDRAISER!

DON'T MISS THIS FUN AND ENTERTAINING EVENT FEATURING LOCAL COMICS! Food, drinks and laughter all to support the Wareham Free Library. Buy your tickets now.

Comedy Fundraiser

 

Donate

Help keep our library funded and accredited. Your donation will help “Bridge the Gap” between the town’s funding and what is required to operate the library at full capacity. The gap is roughly 20% of the library’s operating budget each year. Make your donation today by visiting our website www.supportwarehamlibrary.org or mailing a check to:
Wareham Library Foundation PO Box 485 East Wareham, MA 02538
  Please make your donation today!

Monthly Used Book Sales

We are back and ready to begin our 2024 monthly Used Book Sales! 

As always, the Friends have a wide range of books for all ages and on all topics. Here are the dates and times:

  • Thursday, March 21, from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
  • Friday, March 22, from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
  • Saturday, March 23, from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm

The special themed-books table for March will be WELCOME SPRING! The table will have a medley of books on topics such as spring gardening, Easter, baseball and more!We also will begin to accept clean, gently used books on March 1st. Books can only be left in the Friends' cart in the hallway.

All proceeds from our book sales are used to support the Wareham Free LIbrary and the Spinney Branch Library. Thank you for your continued support of our efforts.


2024 BOOK SALES

The 2024 schedule for our book sales is ready! Mark your calendars. 
March 21-23
April 25-27
May 23-25
June 27-29
July 25-27
August 29-31
September 26-28
October 24-26 
Jewelry and Purse/Accessories Sale- November 14-16
Holiday Fair December 7

Monthly Used Book Sales

We are back and ready to begin our 2024 monthly Used Book Sales! 

As always, the Friends have a wide range of books for all ages and on all topics. Here are the dates and times:

  • Thursday, March 21, from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
  • Friday, March 22, from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
  • Saturday, March 23, from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm

The special themed-books table for March will be WELCOME SPRING! The table will have a medley of books on topics such as spring gardening, Easter, baseball and more!We also will begin to accept clean, gently used books on March 1st. Books can only be left in the Friends' cart in the hallway.

All proceeds from our book sales are used to support the Wareham Free LIbrary and the Spinney Branch Library. Thank you for your continued support of our efforts.


2024 BOOK SALES

The 2024 schedule for our book sales is ready! Mark your calendars. 
March 21-23
April 25-27
May 23-25
June 27-29
July 25-27
August 29-31
September 26-28
October 24-26 
Jewelry and Purse/Accessories Sale- November 14-16
Holiday Fair December 7

‘Bridge the Gap’ fundraiser reaches $10,000 goal

Leighah Beausoleil editor@warehamweek.com
Jun 27, 2023
The Wareham Free Library’s annual spring fundraising campaign, “Bridge the Gap,” met its goal of raising $10,000, with A.D. Makepeace matching the donation.
Eileen Scully, president of the Wareham Library Foundation, said the majority of the donations collected by the foundation came from residents.
She said the foundation met with Makepeace board members on the morning of Tuesday, June 27 to collect their check.
Scully said this is the third year Makepeace has pledged a matching donation.
“The foundation is grateful for the community’s support and the support from A.D. Makepeace,” she said.
She added the matched donation is a “huge boost” for the library’s operating budget.
Though the town owns and operates the library, only 80% of its budget is covered through municipal funds. The remaining 20% is collected by the library foundation and the Friends of the Wareham Free Library through fundraisers like “Bridge the Gap.”
The campaign began Monday, May 1 and will end Friday, June 30. The library is still open to additional donations.
Donations can be made at supportwarehamlibrary.org, or can be mailed to the Wareham Library Foundation, P.O. Box 485, East Wareham, MA 02538.


(Left) Makepeace Board members Kevin Phelan and Abigail Gilmore Anderson, Makepeace Board Chair Robert Karam, Makepeace Cranberry Operations team member Jessica Fluegel, Wareham Library Foundation President Eileen Scully, Makepeace Board member Chris Makepeace, Library Foundation Treasurer Eliese Catarius, Library Foundation Board members Elissa Heard and James Mendes, Makepeace Executive Assistant Andrea Fessenden, Makepeace Board member Eric Strand, Makepeace President and CEO Jim Kane, Makepeace Board member Jeff Crowley and Wareham Library Director Patrick Marshall pose with the matched donation check. Photo Courtesy: Eileen Scully